- Insert your sim into your phone.
- If you have a new top up card, call 248 and follow instructions to link.
- If you haven’t, head to o2.co.uk/webtopup.
- Top up online or go to a topup point. Topup £10 or more.
- Call 4444. Check your balance and hangup.
- Your sim is now activated.
How do I activate my new SIM card?
New phone or SIM card activation
- Go to att.com/getstartedbiz.
- Select Activate your device for AT&T wireless device.
- Enter the required information.
- Select Continue.
- Follow the prompts to complete your activation.
How do I activate my o2 pay as you go SIM?
You can activate your sim in five simple steps:
- Pop out the right size sim for your device, put it in and switch it on.
- Visit the Pay As You Go mobile broadband page.
- Enter your mobile broadband number and click sign in.
- Follow the instructions to register and activate your data.
- You’re ready to go.
How do I know if my SIM card is active?
The easiest way to check if a SIM card is active is simply insert it into a working phone and power it up, and then try to dial out to a friend or a publicly listed phone number.
How do pay as you go SIMs work?
A Sim is the little chip that slots into your phone and gives you a set monthly allowance of minutes, texts and data. A pay-as-you-go (PAYG) deal, as the name suggests, means you pay upfront and are not tied in to any contract or commitment.