How to turn off Significant Locations on iPhone and iPad
- Launch the Settings app from the Home screen.
- Tap on Privacy.
- Tap Location Services at the top.
- Tap System Services.
- Tap Significant Locations.
- Enter your passcode, use Touch ID, or Face ID, to authenticate access.
- Tap the Significant Locations On/Off Switch.
How can I prevent my phone from being tracked?
How to Prevent Cell Phones From Being Tracked
- Turn off the cellular and Wi-Fi radios on your phone. The easiest way to accomplish this task is to turn on the “Airplane Mode” feature.
- Disable your GPS radio.
- Shut the phone down completely and remove the battery.
Can I tell if someone is tracking my iPhone?
There is absolutely no way to know if anyone is tracking you using Find my iPhone. The ONLY way someone can track you is if they know your Apple ID and password, so if you suspect someone is tracking you simply change your password and they won’t be able to.
Can my phone be tracked if Location Services is off iPhone?
Smartphones can still be tracked even if location services and GPS are turned off, according to Princeton University researchers. The technique, called PinMe, shows it is possible to track a location even if the location services, GPS, and Wi-Fi are turned off.
How do I keep my android from being tracked?
Stop Google from tracking you on an Android smartphone
- Step 1: From your phone’s settings menu, scroll down and select “Location.”
- Step 2: Scroll down and select “Google Location History.”
- Step 3: Turn “Location History” off using the slider.
- Step 4: Click “OK” when the dialog box appears.
How do I stop my android from being tracked?
On an Android device
- Go to the Settings app.
- Tap on Google settings.
- Tap Google Account (Info, security & personalization)
- Tap on the Data & personalization tab.
- Tap on Web & App Activity.
- Toggle Web & App Activity off.
- Scroll down and toggle Location History off as well.